- About 10,000 volume of books are shelved in stacks on the 3rd Floor.
- Shelved books in stacks
- Philosophy(100), Religion(200), Social Science (300), Language(400), Pure Science(500), Applied science(600), Arts(700), Literature(800), History(900), General(000), series.
- All materials are arranged by DDC(Dewy Decimal Classification system).
- All material are operated in open shelves system.
- Users must personally go to the bookshelves and find books after verifying the collection status through catalog stand in the reference room.
- When you do not know the bibliographical information regarding the material, you may browse the shelves by call number.
- Users may check materials out of the library with students I.D out borrowing at Circulation Desk
- Reading Room is where without materials, and is the place to study freely with borrowed materials or individual books.
- Various individual study exam preparation can be done in reading Room.
Matters to be attended
- Silence must be observed while students are in the Library - No loud talking
- Eating and Drinking is No ALLOWED while in the library
- please keep to public decorum.(All noises including cell phone noises, etc are prohibited)
- please do not inflict damage to any fixtures and equipments.
- please do not leave any personal items in general reading rooms.
- Materials compiled for available access, extracted from various information sources in catalogue method, and organized by subjects, types of materials and publication period, etc. to find specific information, knowledge, or fragmentary facts.
- Reference Room and Stacks have collections of up to 10,000 volumes of reference materials.
- Type of reference materials : Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Year books, Handbooks, Biographics, Subject Dictionaries, Summary Reports, Statistical Reports
- It is operated in open shelves system for easy access by users : and reading is only allowed in Reference Room.
- New reference materials are shelved in Reference Room.
- The collections include domestic and foreign scholarly journals, popular magazines, and corporate reports and publicity materials; and they are arranged in current Periodicals Room.
- In the Current Periodicals Room, the latest issues are shelved to provide users with current information promptly, arranged in English alphabetical order within each class number.
- Multiple copies and infrequently used titles separately shelved in Periodicals Repository stacks and can be requested for use only during working hours.
- Periodicals Room is operated in open shelves system, and all materials can be read and copied in serial publication Room. To use the materials, search for material in the online catalogue to find location information and call number and go to stacks personally to find material and read. Librarian on duty provides further assistance on the search and use of materials.
- The facility is established and operated to visual and auditory education for students.
- The facility holds 10seats exclusives for multimedia use.
- The type of collections are Movie and lecture, academic, music and language.
- User must personally go to request items to librarian after verifying the current status of the material.
- Materials can only be used within the library.
Archival Documents Collection
- They are materials preserved after 2002 among MIU Library collection and contain material collected and managed by MIU university
- our collection activities are oriented towards supporting the research needs of University of MIU staff and students, but as part of this goal we also aim to preserve records of historical significance to the wider community.
- For preservation and management of the original, bibliographical introduction has been produced.